The Faculty of Commerce and Accountancy
In 1938, Chulalongkorn University opened the “Department of Accountancy” and the “Department of Commerce,” in response to the government’s policy of facilitating Thai people to enter different occupations in order to prepare and guide them to play a role in the country’s economy. At the initial stage, the two departments belonged to the Faculty of Arts and Science. In 1940, their curricula became independent from those of the Faculty of Arts and Science but some parts of the Arts Buildings still served as their office and classrooms. Once the number of students increased, a new classroom building was built at the current site of the Faculty of Commerce and Accountancy, which currently consists of the Jaiyos Sompati Buildings 1, 2 and 3.