The Faculty of Communication Arts
In 1939, the University first offered a Diploma Programme in Journalism, which was affiliated to the Faculty of Arts and Science. In 1954, the teaching of Journalism at Chulalongkorn University was transferred to Thammasat and Karn Mueang University and the teaching of Journalism terminated at Chulalongkorn University.
In 1965, the University offered a programme in Communication Arts in the independent Department of Mass Communications and Public Relations. In 1974, the Faculty of Communication Arts was established.