The Faculty of Veterinary Science
The Faculty of Veterinary Science was founded in 1935. Earlier, when students were admitted to study Veterinary Science at Chulalongkorn University, they had to take some classes with Pre-Medical students and some with Pre-Pharmaceutical Sciences students. Later, in 1937, the University established the Department of Veterinary Science. This coincided with the government’s policy of promoting occupations for people, including animal husbandry. In 1943, through the Establishment of the University of Medicine Act, the Department of Veterinary Science was separated from Chulalongkorn University and become affiliated to the University of Medicine. In 1954, it was transferred to be part of Kasetsart University and remained there until 1967 when it was transferred to the administration of Chulalongkorn University once again.