From the Royal Pages’ School to King Chulalongkorn’s Civil Servants School
During his reign, King Vajiravudh considered it appropriate to expand the educational administration of the Royal Pages’ School in response to the needs of other ministries as well as the private sector. On January 1st, 1910, therefore, he elevated the status of the Royal Pages’ School to the tertiary level and named it “King Chulalongkorn’s Civil Servants School,” in memory of his Father, who had initiated the establishment of a university for the Siamese in general.
During its early stages, the School operated in 5 different areas of education; namely,
1. The School of Public Administration, located at the Grand Palace,
2. The School of Teacher Training, situated at Ban Somdetch Chao Phraya, in Thonburi,
3. The Royal Medical School at Siriraj Hospital,
4. The School of Law near the Phanphiphophleela Footbridge,
5. The School of Engineering at Windsor Castle, also known as the New Palace or the Palace in the Field (once a royal residence of the Crown Prince Maha Vajiroonhis).